- Protecting Bay East members ability to conduct real estate transactions;
- Communicating the message that REALTORS® are the voice for real estate;
- Participating in political campaigns to ensure REALTOR® issues are understood by elected officials; and
- Promoting the REALTOR® image.
Government Affairs Program activities include:
- Tracking real estate-related legislation at the federal, state and local level;
- Monitoring real estate-related regulations and keeping members informed;
- Mobilizing members to actively participate in the development of local public policy that impacts real estate transactions and private property rights;
- Interviewing and supporting candidates for elected office; and
- Facilitating involvement in political campaigns.
Two volunteer committees serve as the foundation for The Local Government Relations Committee is the foundation for all Government Affairs activities. The Committee consists of REALTOR® members and meets monthly. They review local government policies, ordinances and programs that impact real estate transactions and advise the Bay East Board of Directors regarding official Bay East positions on these issues.
The Local Candidate Recommendation Committee interviews candidates for local elected offices, advises the Bay East Board of Directors regarding candidate endorsements and provides support for candidates who understand and support REALTOR® issues.
What are REALTOR® issues? The Bay East Association of REALTORS® Housing Policy Statement articulates those principles which guide the Associations Government Affairs program. You can review the Housing Policy Statement by clicking here.
The Bay East Government Affairs program is supported by full-time Bay East staff that provides administrative assistance to the Local Government Relations Committee and Local Candidate Recommendation Committee. Bay East staff also attends various city meetings, actively participate in local chambers of commerce and foster strong partnerships with other trade and community organizations.
For more information about the Bay East Association of REALTORS® Government Affairs program including how to get involved, please contact David Stark, Public Affairs Director, at (925) 730-4068 or email@example.com.