|Avg Per Household||2.74|
|City Transfer Tax||None.|
POINT OF SALE ORDINANCE
The City of Pleasanton Municipal Code has requirements regarding smoke detectors and spark arresters that apply when residential property is sold. The following is a summary of these requirements.
Smoke Detectors: No residential property in Pleasanton may be sold unless the seller either installs or has installed smoke detectors in the following locations:
- On the ceiling or wall outside of each separate sleeping area in the immediate vicinity of bedrooms.
- In each room used for sleeping purposes.
- In each story within a dwelling unit, including basements but not including crawl spaces and uninhabitable attics.
- In enclosed common stairwells of apartment complexes and other multiple-dwelling complexes.
- In a Group R-3.1 occupancy, in addition to the above, smoke alarms shall be provided throughout the habitable areas of the dwelling unit except kitchens.
This requirement may be met by the seller placing into escrow sufficient funds for the buyer to pay for the installation of smoke detectors.
Details regarding the installation of smoke detectors are found in Title 20 (Buildings and Construction) of Municipal Code Chapter 20.08 (Building Code) Section 907.2.10.1.2 or on-line at: http://qcode.us/codes/pleasanton/view.php?topic=20-20_08-20_08_065&frames=off
Spark Arresters: Existing dwelling units shall be retrofitted with a spark arrestor under the following circumstances:
- Upon notice from the city.
- Upon re-roofing.
- Upon resale of the dwelling unit.
- Upon issuance of a building permit for alterations, repairs or additions in excess of $1,000.
The city also requires any real property professional representing a seller to notify the seller of their obligation to comply with this requirement.
Please note that these requirements are subject to change. For the latest version please contact the City of Pleasanton Building Department at (925) 931-5300.
Yes. Limited to 4 open house signs per open house. Signs are allowed on the sidewalk as long as they do not obstruct pedestrian traffic. No signs in the street or median/center dividers.
SPECIAL STUDY ZONE
Yes. For information on the Earthquake Zone, call the Planning Department (925) 931-5600. For information on the Flood Zones, call the Public Works Department (925) 931-5650. For information on the Geologic Zones (landfill areas), call the Building Department at (925) 931-5300.
|BUILDING, PERMITS & INSPECTIONS||(925) 931-5300|
|FLOOD ZONE INFORMATION||(925) 484-8000|
|PLANNING AND ZONING||(925) 931-5600|
|POLICE DEPARTMENT||(925) 931-5100|
|FIRE DEPARTMENT||(925) 454-2361|
|SCHOOL DISTRICT||(925) 462-5500|
|PLEASANTON GARBAGE SERVICES||(925) 846-2042|