Disciplinary (Ethics) Complaints
Certain complaints may be able to be filed anonymously - click for more information.
The following information will assist you in filing a Disciplinary Complaint. If you need help or have other questions, contact Amber Carnahan at (925) 730-4065 or click here to email.
Step -by-Step Instructions
- Review National Association's Code of Ethics for appropriate articles and Bay East MLS Rules and Regulations
- Write in your name as the complainant.
- Write in the name(s) of the respondent (the person against whom the complaint is made). You MAY include the name of the Responsible Broker or Participant for an alleged violation of the Code of Ethics and/or violation of the MLS Rules & Regulations.
- Be sure to specify which violation(s) of the Code of Ethics or Section(s) of the MLS Rules you are citing by checking the Article(s) and/or entering the MLS Section(s) number(s). In identifying the item(s) please read the Articles carefully.
- Attach a typed statement of the facts and circumstances that support your allegations; this will be marked "Exhibit 1". You may attach other supporting documents to your statement.
- Answer the remaining questions on the form.
- There is no fee for filing an ethics or grievance complaint. If a hearing panel determines a violation has occurred, the Respondent(s) will be assessed a $500 administrative fee.
- Mail, fax (925) 730-0237 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org