Home Ownership Opportunities
Want to stay on the cutting edge of real estate issues? Want to meet other real estate professionals in an open and neutral environment? Want to share your experience and learn from others? Want to help more buyers achieve the American Dream of Homeownership?
If you want to do any of these things then the Bay East Association of REALTORS® Homeownership Opportunities Committee (HOC) is for you.
The HOC strives to improve communities by increasing the percentage of residents who are home owners and create transaction opportunities for Bay East REALTORS® and Affiliates. It creates and promotes opportunities that involve REALTORS® in housing opportunity initiatives at the local, state, and national level and create business opportunities for Bay East members.
- The HOC is responsible for:
- Promoting housing and homeownership opportunities for all segments of communities;
- Monitoring and informing Bay East members about housing issues;
- Implementing educational opportunities for Bay East members and the public to learn about housing issues;
- Collaborating with local government in the development and operation of housing programs;
- Developing and maintaining a clearinghouse of data related to private and public housing assistance programs;
- Supporting and participating with housing advocacy groups; and
- Promoting Bay East's Housing Policy.
The Homeownership Opportunities Committee meets the last Tuesday of each month at 1:15pm. Please check the Bay East calendar for the meeting location.
Homeownership Opportunities Committee Monthly Roundtables
The Homeownership Opportunities Committee organizes monthly roundtable discussions about current real estate topics. These free events are open to all Bay East members and are held on the last Tuesday of the month from Noon to 1:00pm.